Monday

Identity Art Project

For this art project, I actually found it kind of difficult in what to create to identify myself. I did not want to do a traditional poster board because that is simply not me. I like things to be more creative and colorful when it comes to my work. So I did what I always do, go ask my mom to help me think of something to identify myself because she is the one that knows me the best. After discussing some ideas, one finally popped into my head. I would make a flower pot of pictures! Finally something great and would also be fun to make.

Once the vision of my flower pot was complete, I headed to The Home Depot to purchase a plastic pot. I then went to Michael's to get the rest of the supplies. The rest of the materials included green and gold pipe cleaner, dowels, pom poms, Easter grass, and foam heart stickers. Once arriving back at home, I ripped open all the packages to begin my project.

I was so pleased with the final outcome. It was so bright and colorful, just like I had wanted. Even though it took a couple trial and errors for the dowels to stay in the Easter grass, it finally worked out.











The reason why I chose a flower pot is because I love flowers. Mainly every type of flower. When flowers are healthy and at their best, they are so beautiful and pretty that sometimes I can't take my eyes off them. That is why I enjoy getting flowers because it brings so much happiness to me. And plus I love color. So I made sure to purchase the bright and colorful pom poms for the petals of the flowers. The main symbol of the flower with the pictures is that since the ovule is the center of a flower, I made the picture the center of my flower instead. The loved ones in the pictures are the ones I place first in my life and that have a place in my heart. They are the center of my life. One of the reasons I placed hearts all around the pot was because I was born on Valentine's day and I love anything to do with hearts. The second reason being I wanted to show all the love I have for the ones I have chosen to display as my flowers.

The ones that I have shown in the pictures above consist of my two brothers Ian and Allen. My mom, (couldn't find a picture of me and my dad :( ) my grandpa, my cocker spaniel named French Fry, my best friends Alyssa and Tara, and my boyfriend Marc.

I enjoyed creating this project because I am a shy person so it's hard for me to say how I feel. So by creating this project, it was fun because I like to show what I am feeling, rather than by saying it. I also like to create things that show people the kind of person I am. The identity project was definitely a fun one! :)

1 comment: