Tuesday

2/23/11

Class is back! Ha it felt like forever since I had been to class. I'm excited to start a new module. Today Glenn talked about the new museum that we would be visiting, the Los Angeles Museum of Art. I'm hoping this museum is a little more exciting than the Norton Simon Museum because I did not enjoy that one very much. But oh well. I like the idea of the identity collage, that is definitely my thing! When Glenn mentioned the collage, alot of ideas started flowing through my head, but I couldn't narrow it down to one thing. For my artist to research, I got a woman artist and last time I had a male artist, Revok. I'm curious to see how my new artist was different or the same from the last.

After going over what to expect for module two, Glenn went to freemind to discuss what identity is.  Glenn mentioned that identity is something we choose. Identity is also something we don't normally grab, but is put upon us through culture. After discussing what identity is, Glenn briefly touched on some artists that deal with identity. One of the artists that stood out to me was Lela Lee and her work, Angry Little Asian Girl. Definitely an interesting "cartoon". An artist Glenn showed more picture of than any other artist was Nikki S. Lee. She is the artist I chose out of the hat for my artist research project. To see some of her work in class got me interested in researching why she chooses to take the pictures that she does. I can't wait to see some of her other impressive transformations! One of the last things Glenn mentioned during class was "identity is a choice!" I definitely agree with that because everyone can choose who they ultimately want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment