Tuesday

2/28/11

Next week is already midterms! It's so weird. I feel like we are moving soooo fast. I'm in group B so I have to hurry up and get everything done by Sunday night or Monday morning on top of all my other homework :( but oh well. At least I will be done early!

As soon as class started, Glenn had asked the class if anyone had watched the Oscar's Sunday night. I had not watched it since I worked til nine. Along with the questions about watching the Oscar's, Glenn also asked what we had thought about the fashion that was worn for the night. In a way, it is kind of like art on a body. Designers are kind of like artists in a way. They are creating pieces in which they want other people to see and also to give their opinions on. I wish I would have see the Oscar's so that I could have commented on Glenn's question but I will just have to watch the fashion police instead on the E! network ha.

Our next discussion in class that Glenn brought up was the question "what is fake?" Or how do we know something is fake. An example that was brought up was a plastic rose. Of course it is not as special, or as real as a naturally grown rose would be. After asking the questions "what is fake?", the next question that was asked was "what is real?" I believe that something real is something you can touch or you believe in. I feel it does not matter what everyone else thinks is real, it is what you believe because everyone will always have their own opinions.

After briefly discussing those questions, we moved on to our freemind presentation where Glenn talked about realism and romanticism. I feel that I would enjoy romanticism more because it is art that emphasizes inspiration and who the individual is. Next we went onto watch some short clips of Lela Lee's Angry Little Asian Girl, which was very interesting. I am not one for foul language. So I did not really find the clips that funny as some of the rest of the class did. And since the pictures were not that great, it was also hard to enjoy it. I know it might a little harsh to say I did not enjoy the Angry Little Asian Girl but I didn't so end of story ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment